No one is BORN hating another person because of the color of his skin, or background, or his religion..” – Nelson Mandela
The Mugunghwa House is a cozy guest house and rest area for overseas adult adoptees, operated and managed by Easter Social Welfare Society (ESWS). The house began a 2-year lease on October 18, 2012 but unfortunately will be moving to a new location in October 2014. The new location is still TBD.
"Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be." The Mugunghwa House / 무궁화집 is not just a guest house, but this is the central hub where the society and adoptees can interact. It is also a place for overseas adoptees to have chances to learn more about their motherland, to feel and experience the country while connecting with other adoptees. You can read about my adoption story and reunion here.
Backpacking for more than 2-years and staying at over 150 hostels, Mugunghwa house is by far the most comfortable accommodation I have experienced in my travels. The place feels more like staying at someone's house than a hostel or guest house and the amenities can't be beat!
MUGUNGHWA HOUSE AMENITIES:
- *FREE food items that are ALWAYS available: eggs, bread, rice, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, and tea additionally there is often free fresh fruit, desserts, prepared meals, and more
- *FREE laundry with laundry detergent and fabric softener
- *FREE Wi-Fi (extremely fast)
- *FREE communal items for use: steamer for clothing, iron, hair dryer, hangars, etc.
- Hot showers and the ability to flush toilet paper
- Plenty of outlets, but be sure to bring an adaptor and possibly a power converter
GUEST CAPACITY: 10-12 people (*currently as of May 2014 there are 6 long-term adoptees staying at Mugunghwa House / 무궁화집)
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING: You can visit the website through ESWS (click here) or you can email Crystal our house-mom and manager of Mugunghwa House directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org (*if there is a problem with the email pop up copy and paste)
DIRECTIONS TO MUGUNGHWA HOUSE
SUBWAY --> BUS
1) Take line #2 (green line) or Airport Railroad Line (light blue line) to the Hongik Subway Station Exit #2 or #8. The buses depart in the middle of the road --> Take bus #7612 or #7739 (these buses drive a constant loop route)
2) Take line #3 (orange line) get off at Hongje State Exit #3 --> Take bus #7738 or #7739
#7612, #7738, #7739 - Get off at Yeonhui-dong Autonomy Hall
ADDRESS OF MUGUNGHWA HOUSE
95-15 Yeon hee dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
Tel: (82-2) 332-3941 Fax: (82-2) 333-1588
Alt. Tel: 82-70-8172-3944
Kakao me: troytravels